If you’re a fan of talk shows, comedy, and entertainment, you’re probably familiar with Joy Behar. She’s a renowned talk show host, comedian, and writer who has garnered a significant following over the years. Her unique brand of humor, wit, and personality has made her a prominent figure in the entertainment industry. But have you ever wondered what Joy Behar’s net worth is? In this article, we’ll explore that question and much more.
Joy Behar’s Net Worth
According to recent estimates, Joy Behar’s net worth is a staggering $12 million. That’s a testament to how successful she’s been in her career. Over the years, she’s built up a reputation as a talented and skilled comedian and talk show host, and that has translated into financial success.
Joy Behar’s Biography
Joy Behar was born on October 7, 1942, in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York. She attended Stony Brook University and Queens College, City University of New York, where she obtained her bachelor’s degree in sociology and her master’s degree in English education, respectively. Joy started her career as a teacher and a receptionist at Good Morning America before venturing into the entertainment industry.
After working as a comedienne, writer, and producer for several years, Joy landed a permanent spot on the popular daytime talk show, The View, in 1997. She became one of the most beloved and well-known co-hosts of the program. She was also the host of her own television show, The Joy Behar Show, from 2009 to 2012. She has also made appearances in movies such as Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story, and has written several books.
Joy Behar is known for her work on both television and film. She is most recognized for her long tenure on The View, where she was a member of the panel from 1997 to 2016. Joy is also known for being the host of The Joy Behar Show and as a frequent guest on various other television shows such as America’s Got Talent.
- Full Name: Joy Behar
- Net Worth: $12 Million
- Date Of Birth: October 7, 1942
- Height: 1.67 m
- Profession: Comedian, Voice Actor, Talk show host, Writer
- Education: Stony Brook University, Queens College, City University of New York
- Nationality: American
- Spouse: Steve Janowitz, Joseph Behar
- Children: Eve Behar
- Parents: Gino Occhiuto, Rose Carbone
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JoyBehar
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/joyvbehar
- Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/joyvbehar
- Awards: Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Talk Show Host, GLAAD Media Award for Excellence in Media
- Nominations: People’s Choice Award for Favorite Daytime TV Host, Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show Host
- Joy Behar is a Delta Zeta Sorority member.
- She graduated from Queens College with a bachelor’s degree in sociology.
- Joy nearly died from an ectopic pregnancy in 1979.
- She bears a striking resemblance to Bette Midler.
- Joy Behar worked in a mental hospital at one point in her career.
- Her father worked for Coca-Cola.
- Joy is Italian-American.
- Joy has won three MAC awards and a CableACE Award.
Joy Behar is often seen holding a pen or glasses in her right hand while talking.
- “The diet pill Qsymia is now available. I don’t need a diet pill. I need something that gives you an electric shock when you reach for food.”
- “I don’t get jealous of people. Jealousy is such a waste of time because you’re jealous of them, and they go about their lives and have a wonderful time, so what’s the point? It’s completely useless emotion – jealousy. I don’t go there.”
- “I want a man in my life, not in my house.”